Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blueberry Lime cake

So, I don't know if you are as enamored with Pinterest, as I am, but I found this Blueberry Lime cake on there...I love lime anything so I was driven to make it.

This is the original link if you want to check it out. Her pictures are prettier than mine and I am pretty sure I should have put it on a white or lighter plate before I took the picture, but it is the cake, after all, that matters. :)

So, I didn't go by her recipe because I was in a bit of a hurry. I had frozen blueberries (thawing) and a yellow cake mix to utilize so I just kind of winged it. Here goes.

1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 c oil
1/2 c water
1/2 c blueberry juice (from thawing bberries)
6 oz. fresh blueberries (I used what thawed and it ended up being a pound +)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first five ingredients until all is mixed well. Save out a little of the dry cake mix to coat the fresh berries later. The batter turns kind of a gray/blue/green color, but check out the end result picture, you won't mind, lol. Ok, back to it. Once the 5 ingredients are mixed, coat the fresh berries with the dry cake mix and fold into the cake. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Simple Lime Syrup:
1/3 c lime juice
2 Tbs Splenda

After the cake has cooled for a few minutes, mix the simple syrup, prick the top of the cake and pour over the cake. Let it soak in.

Glaze:
2 Tbsp Lime juice
Confectioners’ sugar

Mix in confectioners’ sugar to make a suitable glaze. Ice individual pieces of pour over the cake, either way will do.

Ta-da! What do you think?

  


Notes:
· I baked in a 9 x 13 pan because I couldn't find my darn Bundt.
· My berries were previously frozen so they were wet and starting to mush so I gently placed them on top of the batter and let them sink on their own as the cake baked.  
· I would not recommend using a pound of blueberries. It turned out wonderful, mind you, but the whole bottom of the pan is blueberries, lol. Hey, they didn't stick so that is a plus.

Comments are always welcome so let me know if you have any.
Have a stupendous day!!!

Thanks for reading!




No comments: